This pasta salad is my go-to for potlucks because it’s easy to prepare with fresh ingredients, and is always a crowd pleaser. You know what else I love about it? I can prepare it the day before the potluck, which makes things simple on the day of the event!
Super Simple Pasta Salad
- 24 oz tri-color rotini pasta cooked and cooled
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing 16oz
- 1 can small pitted black olives 6oz, drained
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- pepper ground according to taste
- parmesan cheese finely grated
- olive oil extra virgin
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl toss cooled pasta, black olives, chopped bell peppers, halved cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle dried oregano, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese. Pour Italian dressing over salad. Add a drizzle of oilve oil. Mix to blend.
- Pour salad into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese as a decorative touch. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.