Flavorful and Simple Breakfast Muffins
These Oat & Chocolate Chip Muffins are great for breakfast or snack time. The chocolate chips make them a delicious treat, and the oats balance them out. When baking, I generally preheat the oven first. For these muffins, I prefer to preheat the oven after I’ve prepared the batter, to allow the oats to soak into the mixture.
Oat & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1⅓ cup flour
- ⅔ cup quick-cooking oats
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten Vegan: use chia seed egg replacement
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted Allergies: use different oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk Vegan: use dairy-free milk
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips semi-sweet, mini
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients (dry ingredients).
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients: egg, oil, vanilla, and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix only until everything's blended; don't overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Add liners to a 12-muffin baking pan.
- Let the batter rest until the oven is ready.
- Spoon batter into the liners. Fill each approximately ⅔ full. Make sure the batter is evenly distributed among the 12 liners, to ensure all the muffins will bake the same.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for five minutes.
Looking for more easy recipes for muffins?