During fall, I try to incorporate pumpkin into as many of our meals as I can. It’s pumpkin season, after all! Today, I’m sharing my easy pumpkin cornbread recipe.
This pumpkin cornbread is perfect for fall days, as a side dish for a soup dinner. It’s great with chili, split pea soup, and black bean soup. Serve with with butter and honey, or plain. Either way, I hope you’ll enjoy this cornbread during fall every year!
Easy Pumpkin Cornbread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs See notes for egg replacement
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup buttermilk low-fat
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Grease bottom and sides of a 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients (dry ingredients).
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs (or egg replacement), pumpkin puree, and buttermilk.
- Add the pumpkin puree mixture (wet ingredients) to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Mix only until everything's blended, but don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of cornbread comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into eight pieces. Enjoy!
- Optional: Serve pumpkin cornbread with butter and honey.